Hornby reveals major delays to some 2012 products
Hornby has advised retailers that a large number of new models due this year have been delayed and pushed back into 2013.
MANY OF OUR REGULAR customers took advantage of our pre-ordering arrangement for the pick of Hornby's 2012 diesel and electric range. We are sorry to report that a communication has been received from the Margate-based manufacturer indicating a significant number of these expected new releases (and numerous other steam-era items) have been severely delayed and will not be available until next year!
Hornby will not confirm these new delivery dates for next summer, other than to say they are 'provisional' at this stage. All orders will be held on our system and dispatched as soon as the stock arrives with us in 2013.
Please accept our apologies for this delay which is entirely out of our control and is due to Hornby's production problems in the Far East. If we happen to recieve any further information, you will be the first to know.
Items provisionally due May 2013:
- R3150 DB Schenker (Red) Class 60
- R3153 Class 47 Northern Belle (Railroad)
- R4539 Northern Belle Coach Pack
- R4540 East Coast Mk. 4 Coach (First Class)
- R4541 East Coast Mk. 4 Coach (Standard)
- R4542 East Coast Mk. 4 Coach (Buffet)
Items provisionally due June 2013:
- R3133 East Coast Train Pack (Class 91+Mk. 4s+DVT)
- R3134 Northern Belle Train Pack (Class 47+Mk.2s)
- R3135 GBRf/Europorte Class 92
- R3143 Blue/grey 4-VEP
- R3144 BR Green Class 31